Parts List: FC56, HS46, BG65, FS85

SamD

Threads
Hey everyone. I've looked high and low for a simple PDF file that I can keep on the computer so that I can find the given part I need to order when in the field without having to try to explain it to a dealer over the phone saying stuff like "...it's the little curved piece under the round gray thing..." or something like that.

Does anyone here know a good source for just the PDF file for a Parts List, Parts Diagram, or Illustrated Parts Breakdown for these Stihl products:

FC 56 C -Edger
HS 46 -Hedge Trimmer
BG 65 -Blower
FS85 -Brush-Cutter/Trimmer

Thank you!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
On a couple of other sites, I had started a "Mediacat Chain Letter" thread, and it worked pretty well, it has all of the Stihl parts lists up until 2012 or so, as well as most of the mechanic's manuals. You might try reviving one of those and get someone to mail you a copy.

SamD

Threads
Thank you Hammermechanic!

Ok, I was able to mount the ISO and burn a DVD with all the information contained in the ISO file, but I'm not sure what I've got.

I'm running "SETUP" now to install what appears to be a program that allows me to find all the files I need. Is that correct?

Sam

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank you Hammermechanic!

Tell me about the mediacat file and the "iso" extension please. I've only ever dealt with ISO files in virtual drives when I was burning music CDs....
You need to download the iso file and use a program like ISO burn
To burn it to a cd/DVD and then run the setup.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
It will want to install Adobe reader 8 which is an old version. My computer didn't like it so if i want to view the pdf files i don't do it thru the mediacat program. I run them outside of it with my regular PDF reader. May have to jump through some hoops with it being and older program. YMMV.

SamD

Threads
I'm running Adode 9 Pro full version, and it won't overwrite the newer version. I updated my reply to your first message above, and just got the software installed.
OMG! That is so AWESOME! I have EVERYTHING I wanted and a million times more!!!!!!!

SamD

Threads
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, it has everything but the newest models.

SamD

Threads
Yeah, it has everything but the newest models.

I figured that with the 2012 date code that I saw somewhere in the installation. Most all of my equipment is in the 10 year to 25 year old range, so it's PERFECT for what I need. I love it! S