Parting Out:Sears Craftsman Riding Mower

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok. Hardest part is figuring out the pricing for used parts.

I just google it, or else start it @ 1/2 of retail in my store... If it doesn't move after some time, I drop the price until it does.

I bought a bunch of Snapper stuff once and there were some cogged "time deck" pulleys in the boxes, I ran the part numbers online, and the double pulleys were
selling close to $300 each on some of the sites, so I put them in my store for $150 each, I had 2.... After I put them in my E-Bay store, I went out to take the pic
of the single pulley part to put up, when I came back in 5 minutes later, the double pulleys were already sold. So I put up the single pulleys for just a little under
what the other guys were selling for, and they sold in the next day or two.... Paid for my whole haul of Snapper inventory just from those 5 pulleys.......

Lesson of the story.... You can always come down on the price.... So don't start out too cheap.

One time about 5 years ago, I had a customer that owed me money, he wanted to know if I would take an old saw in trade, always get a look at the thing before you respond...

It was just an old MacCulloch 10-10, but looked to be in good shape. All it really needed was a carb rebuild and maybe a fuel line, but I decided to part it out instead.
So I broke it down and put it in my store, and the parts sold great, I didn't have them too high. Most of it was gone except for the crankcase and block/piston-cyl.
I sold that as one as I didn't want to go through all of that for this model, and I had posted the compression readings from before the teardown, and the piston looked great from the intake/exhaust ports. I had the block up for @ 60-70 or so, don't remember.

Had some jerk send me an e-bay message, asking whether I was insane or just stupid for asking that much for the block......

I clicked on his username, and he was auctioning off old saws whole, and was only getting his starting bid of $30 for each. I let him know that I got $30 just for the starter assy.
If they think that I am a crook, or idiot. They can buy the part from someone else...

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Still have plenty of parts left from this mower.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Still have parts available from this mower. Hood, seat, steering gears, steering shaft are SOLD.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just put the parts in my e-bay store, and try to price them high enough, and if they don't sell soon, just drop the price until they do sell.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
I been pricing used parts out at 25% of what it costs new regardless if part is still available or not. Unless the part is too cheap then its half of what is costs new.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
All I have left is odd n ends parts to this mower.