Attachments

Have ya tried Parts tree .com ?

W

wis_ny

Yes even called them

StarTech

StarTech

Part of the problem is that Briggs is dropping the Simplicity and Snapper mower lines. Another problem is that Briggs is only a shadow of its former self. I have been many parts NLA now. Just keep Googling and calling various suppliers as one might have it on hand but Briggs does not have it in stock.

I even came an engine this Summer that was only two years old that only a handful of parts were available. Needless to say the ignition that failed was not one of them. Briggs excuse was that the engine was made by a sub contractor that has since gone belly up so Briggs is not responsible for the lack of parts. Just another nail in their business coffin.

And this seems to be the path most Chinese associated companies are doing now. Selling engine without supporting them when they break down. Just had a Loncin engine in the shop that I couldn't get parts for and the customer left pissed that he got burned by Loncin.

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

Part of the problem is that Briggs is dropping the Simplicity and Snapper mower lines. Another problem is that Briggs is only a shadow of its former self. I have been many parts NLA now. Just keep Googling and calling various suppliers as one might have it on hand but Briggs does not have it in stock.

I even came an engine this Summer that was only two years old that only a handful of parts were available. Needless to say the ignition that failed was not one of them. Briggs excuse was that the engine was made by a sub contractor that has since gone belly up so Briggs is not responsible for the lack of parts. Just another nail in their business coffin.

And this seems to be the path most Chinese associated companies are doing now. Selling engine without supporting them when they break down. Just had a Loncin engine in the shop that I couldn't get parts for and the customer left pissed that he got burned by Loncin.
Parts availability can be a problem. Sometimes you have to be resourceful and substitute parts if possible. In this case, if needed, I would fabricate a little bracket and send it.

W

wis_ny

Seems to be what’s going on these days for sure !

M

MowerNick

Idk where you are from but my briggs distributor in castleton ny, Power Distributors has that in stock for about 40 bucks.

StarTech

StarTech

I just wish PD would get their act together as the Ohio warehouse says they are on BO and nearly all my alternate source have it as NLA.

M

MowerNick

Tell me about it. I have parts back ordered from pd but yet I can buy then from "the Briggs and Stratton store" on amazon for full price. they do not care about the dealers.

StarTech

StarTech

It like me going to the farmer coop for feed. Last the feed wasn't delivered to the store and this week the store manager only ordered six bags half of which I brought Friday as it came off the truck. Now all the other customers will have fight the remaining bags or go to TSC or Rural King for the feed.

Since this is reoccurring problem with coop store I am about to stop buying anything from them. Drive 60 miles to get and none in stock even when they say they have it in stock and I ask for to hold the feed so I can pick it up.

C

Catenary Kid

I've been praying for a lawn mower angel and I'm really hoping I've found it on this page! I have a 2012 Simplicity Prestige for which I need a roller for the 54" deck. The part # is: 1723008ASM. I have it backordered with 2 dealers and Parts Tree and it's been for 6 months. If anyone knows where I can purchase this part, I'd be deeply grateful and so appreciative it would make you sick! Thanks!

Fee-Bay ?