ovxl-120

glbear

Forum Newbie
Threads
carb has a plastic 90 deg fitting that fuel line connects to,went to take fuel line clamp off and it came off carb,i put it back on,but im wondering if it could come off while running,any advice,thanks doug

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve reinstalled those with a bit super glue on the carb nipple. Press the plastic on in the correct direction, because if you try to remove it wI’ll break.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Personally it is better to just replace the fitting as the nylon is failing and will come a loose again. Better safe than sorry later.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Good luck with that as the plastic part is normally part of the carb and trying to find it individually is tough. I remove them from old carbs and if I good condition, reuse, as it is far cheap that new carb. I’ve not had any problems.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Considering it is mostly it is Part# 631775 (Superseded to 632527) pictured below)) it shouldn't be too hard to find. Extracting and pressing (not hammering it) in a new one might be if you dont have the right tools.
thumb.png

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To use that one you must remove the metal nipple from the carb. On the older unit that is next to impossible with out ruining the carb. On the old ones you could just replace the plastic part.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
May be I havent ran into any those older ones as I have changed about a dozen of these myself. Now of course they are nearly obsolete in my area since Tecumseh been out business for so long. The last I changed was two years ago.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did one last month, here in Wisconsin we see them a couple times a year.

glbear

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for the replys,carb was replaced 5 years ago,i should have taken that as a sign of things to come,the idea was to take it apart put a set of rings in to cure the smoke coming out of the exhaust and the push rod tube o rings that were leaking,cyl was pretty rough,figured i would have to get it bored out .020 and a new piston and rings,but as i was looking at the crankcase end of the cyl,there is crack about 4 in long behind where the starter mounts. looks like i need a new cyl, doug