Export thread

Original Snapper white paint

H

HomeyHal

I’m restoring a couple of snappers; can anybody recommend a close to original color of white to paint the wheels?

S

slomo

Not for white. I would look for a slightly off white or dirty white. Not pure clean white.

What are you using for the Snapper red? Think Krylon Cherry Bomb Red was a close to Snapper red. I have several old to new series pushers. The red is different on every one. Hard to tell once you use them and they get dirty.

H

HomeyHal

Not for white. I would look for a slightly off white or dirty white. Not pure clean white.

What are you using for the Snapper red? Think Krylon Cherry Bomb Red was a close to Snapper red. I have several old to new series pushers. The red is different on every one. Hard to tell once you use them and they get dirty.
I agree regular white is too stark; I just need to see what the big box has in an off-white/light ivory. It’s not really that much area and a few turns through the yard makes it a stupid question, but I did want something close.
Youtube Snapper guru JimJackson tested several reds and most commentators agreed that the Rustoleum Cherry red was the closest. I bought a six pack of rattle cans and for the series that I am restoring, it is a really close match to any areas that didn’t see sun. The krylon cherry may match just as well; my store doesn’t have that brand.