Original 2006 B&S Vanguard Air Filter

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
My son found a 2006 Simplicity Conquest on facebook a week ago Thursday in Atlanta. Conquest has 98.3 original hrs. on her & has never been serviced. Original owner was selling machine for a very reasonable price so we checked the oil on dipstick first, half way from full mark, air filter original, tires, deck, belts, blades, etc. Unit came with bagger/blower system & fit on trailer with room to spare. I spent last week servicing unit, adjusted valves, new plugs, fuel & air filters, removed blower housing for inspection, sharpened/balanced blades, it took three tubes of grease to lube all fittings, removed rear wheels & spacers & brushed antiseize compound on rear axles. Previous owner said he kept unit in his garage for past 15 years. Conquest is in showroom condition, paint on tractor & deck look new, underside of deck looks new. I do believe we rescued tractors engine from locking up because air filter was stopped up thus engine was sucking oil from sump.

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
looks like you got a great deal there, Mark!

Lawn Addict
Threads
Saved from carelessness. & /or stupidity.. Likely broke-in with original oil in it.. Good to hear about some good stuff already. Thanks Mark..

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks Men, my son paid the gentleman & brought the tractor to the house so I could service it for him & have something for me to do. I'm 68 retired & enjoy the work. My wife keeps me in line. Our youngest son that has the tractor lives south of us & works from his home, travels, & flies a drone for his work. He'll be using the tractor this weekend. He & I will be installing a repair kit in my oldest sons Tuff Torque K664C transaxle on Saturday. Thanks for the positive responses.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mark, Sounds like you have taught them well. (y)

Lawn Addict
Threads
Amen Mark.......