Opinions on cordless trimmers

samv

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I’m in search of a cordless weed trimmer. Any opinions on what’s best? Looking for long battery life and rapid charging, with enough power to cut through tall weeds. Last year I bought an inexpensive B&D. It gave me about 30 minutes run time and wasn’t powerful enough for the areas with really tall weeds. Willing to spend up to $250.
Thx.

GearHead36

Threads
Sounds like you want something with more power AND run time than the cheap B&D you had. Battery trimmers can have enough power, but they don't have the run time of a good gas trimmer. Echo SRM225s are around $200. That's what I'd recommend if you want more than 30 minutes of run time. Echo equipment tends to be the easiest to crank of the big 3 (Echo, Stihl, Husqvarna), so it's the least likely to give you "won't start in Spring" problems. If your trimming only takes 15 minutes, a battery unit will work, but I'm no expert on battery trimmers, so I can't give a recommendation.

TonyPrin

Threads
Battery powered yard equipment can be a good option but costly on an individual basis. My suggestion is to find a battery brand you like and get pieces over time across the brand so you won't need as many batteries: string and hedge trimmer, blower, chainsaw, maybe even a mower. Personally, I like EGO Power+ with Powerload.

BTW, I had a SRM225 for several years and loved it but prefer battery. If you decide on gas, SRM225 is the way to go.