One tire is much closer to the frame?

Zeusisloose

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently bought a new hustler raptor xdx and immediately noticed that one tire is much closer to the frame than the other. It’s a full inch closer. I jacked it up. No excessive play. I rolled it in neutral and it’s uniform. Should I be concerned?

Couldn’t add photos because files are too large? I’ll shrink and add in a bit

kbowley

Threads
It sounds like the wheel is on backwards. Pull it off the axle, rotate it 180 degrees, and re-install. Alternately, if the wheels are bolted on, the hub may be on backwards. Since it is new, I would like the dealer to correct it asap.

Attachments

• 61980d2a5cf1e4e86463a14f_raptorXDX_3.jpg
    61980d2a5cf1e4e86463a14f_raptorXDX_3.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 7

Zeusisloose

Forum Newbie
Threads
It sounds like the wheel is on backwards. Pull it off the axle, rotate it 180 degrees, and re-install. Alternately, if the wheels are bolted on, the hub may be on backwards. Since it is new, I would like the dealer to correct it asap.
Is there an orientation to follow for the wheels? They have the same branding and wording on each side and look the same either way? Thanks for the response!

kbowley

Threads
Is there an orientation to follow for the wheels? They have the same branding and wording on each side and look the same either way? Thanks for the response!
No, just the rim/hub offset.

Zeusisloose

Forum Newbie
Threads
No, just the rim/hub offset.
So I checked today and everything looks ok. Hubs and rims are correct and matching. It just seems odo. Everything looks aligned. Nothing looks bent. I guess I just hope it’s a non issue or doesn’t lead to a major issue? I called the place who sold it to me and they said it might just be a tolerance thing if everything is working fine but still feel it speaks to the quality of the build. Not very happy about it but can’t actually find anything wrong…

kbowley

Threads
So I checked today and everything looks ok. Hubs and rims are correct and matching. It just seems odo. Everything looks aligned. Nothing looks bent. I guess I just hope it’s a non issue or doesn’t lead to a major issue? I called the place who sold it to me and they said it might just be a tolerance thing if everything is working fine but still feel it speaks to the quality of the build. Not very happy about it but can’t actually find anything wrong…
In looking at the pictures of the machine, the distance from the frame is equal on both sides... strange. Can you post a picture? This pic is from the website and they look evenly spaced.

Attachments

• 61980d2a5cf1e4e86463a14f_raptorXDX_3.jpg
    61980d2a5cf1e4e86463a14f_raptorXDX_3.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 7