Mower deck Old Toro 11-31 garden tractor question???

BuffDaddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings All:
I was given an old Toro garden tractor. Center of steering wheel says: 11-32. It has been sitting for quite a few years and was believed to be working when parked inside. Changed oil, battery started right up and runs like a champ. Here is the problem though: There is a switch to engage the mower deck below the steering wheel on face plate. It says pull out and lift up to engage. When I tried engaging deck, nothing happens. I checked connections behind switch, all seem clean and good. There are two connectors on back of switch. I disconnected one connector when running and it kills motor. Tried jumping other side wires, nothing happens. Looked for a fuse for this deck circuit, can't find one. Where should I be looking to get deck to engage? Is there another connector somewhere underneath the tractor that goes to electric clutch unit? Any way to check electric clutch? Am planning on giving this tractor to a disabled neighbor but no good if I can't get deck to engage.

THANKS in advance for any and all help you may be able to provide, it's greatly appreciated

Regards: Buff