Old MTD lawn tractor model 672.

Blackstar

Threads
Hello. I just acquired an old MTD lawn tractor. From what I can tell online its a model 672 which was made between 1973-1976. It has a 10HP Tecumseh motor. Somebody was playing around with the wiring and, believe me, it's a mess. I'm looking for manuals and wiring diagrams. The whole unit looks decent. If I touch the battery positive to the solenoid it cranks over nicely. I haven't had the time to get into it yet but was hoping to have a closer look this weekend. I'm not sure if this is a waste of time and money but the Lady I got it from said it was running when it was put away in the shed a couple years ago. There's no seat but I'll look for one if I get it running. The model number under where the seat should be is 136 661 515. Serial number is 213976. I would really appreciate any and all input on this mower. My old Cub Cadet is having serious starting issues. 12 hp Kohler. Very hard cranking but now I think there may be more serious problems. Can't turn the engine by hand. Possible seizure. I'll take a few pics if that would help. Thanks for any help .

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Electrical schematics, first 3 diagrams.

On your cub, have you tried adjusting the valves? Unless its a hydraulic lifter Kohler.