Mower deck Old Craftsman II mower deck install problems

JohnnyK705

Forum Newbie
Threads
...i am missing the linkage that goes from one of the idler pulleys to the rod that is suppose to engage the clutch or tightens the belt does anyone have any way of helping me figure out what to do ...this machine is old and bought used recently and I cannot find any model or part numbers...i am trying to get an idea of what it may look like so i might be able to fabricate one

Threads
Can you find a model#? If you can find a model# go to searspartsdirect.com and they might have a schematic you could view to figure out the problem. They had one for mine, and its a 1990 model..

Drivin_Dave

Forum Newbie
Threads
...i am missing the linkage that goes from one of the idler pulleys to the rod that is suppose to engage the clutch or tightens the belt does anyone have any way of helping me figure out what to do ...this machine is old and bought used recently and I cannot find any model or part numbers...i am trying to get an idea of what it may look like so i might be able to fabricate one

You might find model information on a plate under the seat, or on the mowing deck belt pulley diagram plate or sometimes on a plate mounted on the underside of the footrest deck. Good luck.