Engine Old 812 loses power

Sonny812

Forum Newbie
Threads
New member - I have an old 812 with a Kholer engine that has been losing power after mowing for a while. The engine will start to slow and if I put the choke on it will pick and run better. Eventually it died and would not start. I have cleaned the gas tank along with the fuel line. I have replaced the points, plug, condensor, coil and the wire that goes from the coil to the points (the insulation on it was burned off). I have replaced the fuel pump (when I did that the mower which would not start cranked and ran immediatley). I am going to replace the fuel filter but that has been done recently. It still has this problem. Has anyone got any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would either rebuild the carb or have the carb rebuilt by someone who dips the carb before putting a kit in.

Sonny812

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks,
I assume you mean dip it in carb cleaner? I have looked in the bowl and blown it out. I guess I will have to go deeper. I appreciate it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is correct, soak it in a cleaning bath. Sometimes they are really gunked up. Have you made sure that the main jet is very clean and open.