OK, GUN TO HEAD what engine Kohler 7000, or Kawasaki FR600

Selluwud

Threads
  • / OK, GUN TO HEAD what engine Kohler 7000, or Kawasaki FR600
Kawasaki...hands down, based on my personal residential use (1500 hrs) without any issues and I also interact with business associates who use small portable compressors and generators in the field. They always buy honda or Kawa for longevity.

Lawn Addict
Threads
:thumbsup: Selluwud- Does your Kawasaki owners manual state to have the heads removed & cleaned @ 300 hours in maintenance section ?

[h=1][/h]

Selluwud

Threads
:thumbsup: Selluwud- Does your Kawasaki owners manual state to have the heads removed & cleaned @ 300 hours in maintenance section ?

[h=1][/h]

All I've ever done is change oil and air filters along with adding Seafoam once a season. I never have changed the spark plugs? I never consulted the manual and don't know where it is.

Last edited:

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have run Kawasaki on our Scags. I have one over 2000 hours that runs daily and a couple more with over 1000 hours. We have adjusted the valves a couple of times but that is not that big of a deal. I personally have never seen a Kawasaki that suffered catastrophic failure. I have seen several Kohlers that have. For me it is a No brainer Kawasaki all the way. They are incredible engines.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads

[h=1][/h]
I have run them several years and that one is news to me. If it is in the manual I overlooked it some where. With the experience I have with them I would not go to that trouble. Adjusting the valves is in the manual and I took them in to the dealer until recently. I adjusted them myself last time on the one over 2000 hours.

cruzenmike

Threads
From those experiences stated in this thread I have underestimated the reliability of the Kawasaki. I did a spec comparison of the FR, FS and FX lines of Kawasaki engines last night and was surprised to see that the FX does not make any more torque or show to be superior other than in the filtering of the air. This is obviously important for commercial applications where a lot of dust or debris will be blowing around the engine. I have a Vanguard that I quite impressed with and they are build well, much better than the lower ends Briggs. But all things considered, I would entertain the idea of a Kawasaki on my next mower if I liked how it ran.