Oil Requirements

John R

Well-Known Member
I've always used straight 30 wt oil in my Kawasaki engine on my Tiger Cat II, was at the dealer picking up a part and he told me Kawasaki recommends 10w-40 in their engines now.
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
I've always found air cooled engines seem to use oil with multi grade oils, anyone here use a multi* grade oil in their engines?
 
I didn't like Kaw brand 10w-40, my Kawasaki began to need a tiny bit added. I went back to the 30w, but am switching this fall to the 15w-40 Rotella T-4

I called Shell-Rotella & was able to get a tech on the line, he said the T-4 has all the ZDDP & more than my engine would ever need.

But he also said to avoid the 30w Rotella as that didn't have much ZDDP for a flat tappet air cooled engine.
 
Back
Top