OIL REFILL ACCESS - Tufftorq K46CR (locker)

ddominik@twlakes.net

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has anyone installed or have suggestions on installing a refiil port on a K46? The area around the breather port looks promising. It's time for a K46CR rebuild; while it's apart a set of drain plugs will be installed (thanks Tarrel). Judging from the air filter; the K46CR must ingest the same fine dust. Thinking a TT flush a couple times a season might prolong the inevitable teardown. All thoughts appreciated.
TNNOMAD (Dom) Bloomington Springs TN

ddominik@twlakes.net

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has anyone installed or have suggestions on installing a refiil port on a K46? The area around the breather port looks promising. It's time for a K46CR rebuild; while it's apart a set of drain plugs will be installed (thanks Tarrel). Judging from the air filter; the K46CR must ingest the same fine dust. Thinking a TT flush a couple times a season might prolong the inevitable teardown. All thoughts appreciated.
TNNOMAD (Dom) Bloomington Springs TN
Oh yeah it's a YT48XLT 2013 - 14

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The K46 already has a fill port.
K46 Oil fill.JPG

ddominik@twlakes.net

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Star Tech. I am familiar with the standard oil change procedure and oil access port under the fan.
My thinking is to drill a permanent fill port hole in the side case.
The questions:
- recommended size and fill port tube routing ?
- clearance issues
- damage vulnerability .. sticks - stones
- Is shield recommended?

A tear-down and inspection will still be required after a few years of hard use. But the research leads to failure caused by dirty /low oil. Oil is cheap so a flush - mid and end end of season seems reasonable.

I mow 3 hilly acres about every 5 days - I need the hill climbing power. Got ag tires in rear and ballast in the front tires.
Just looking if anyone else has considered this?

upupandaway

Threads
To avoid dropping mine next time i change, i cut a hole under my battery to reach and fill using the breather:K46 Oil fill.JPGI then run a tube from a funnel to this orafice.