oil leak

wetumpka

Forum Newbie
I have a 2013 Z920M and it has a small oil leak from the l/h transmission, leak is coming from top under fan pulley and leaks only when machine is off, does it have a seal to replace or do you h
ave to buy a new transmission
 
That trans has a rubber covered metal plug under pulley that will crack and leak. It is leaking while its running and parked. This part can be ordered and replaced. This is a design flaw for that model so the fluid should be watched and checked often during use. Since you found this so early, I know I dont have to tell you this.
 
Fan and pulley should be removed to confirm the source of the leak. Also before removing plug pinch off fill tube that comes from plastic fill tank.
 
Is there a secret to getting the aluminum pulley off that's under the fan that the drive belt goes around, I cannot seem to get it to move and I don't want to damage it
 
Fan and pulley should be removed to confirm the source of the leak. Also before removing plug pinch off fill tube that comes from plastic fill tank.

How do you get the pulley off that's under the fan, I can't seem to get it to move. It looks like you need some sort of puller by the way the hub is slotted, any ideas...
 
Fan and pulley should be removed to confirm the source of the leak. Also before removing plug pinch off fill tube that comes from plastic fill tank.

Ended up pulling the transmission out and using a power steering pulley puller to remove it, Thanks for putting me on the right track.
 
Back
Top