Oil coming from intake

Z2TT

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All

I have a Lifan 190F Clone (DH420?) 4 Stroke 420cc which is fairly new. Often I do see some oil seeping from the intake
When running it doesn't have any smoke there is sometimes some white smoke on startup.

It's part of a 15hp belt driven air compressor

I have ensured oil level is not too high or at H mark on dipstick.

I'm wondering is there a fault or do these have a tendency with blowby sometimes to shoot oil up into the intake?

It is inside an enclosure which has a few powerful fans to feed fresh air inside and some exhaust fans for the enclosure so perhaps the engine may be running too hot?

Thanks

Attachments

• eng1.jpg
    eng1.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 9

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You don’t give us a lot to work with, especially when you have an engine which is unknown to most techs. Lifan engines don’t have a very good reputation and are often tossed as parts and technical help is hard to obtain. Most shops won’t touch them for this reason. I suggest you remove the shroud and see if you can find an external source of the oil. Not much more I can suggest unless you know someone who likes to take on “projects”.

Z2TT

Forum Newbie
Threads
What sort of retard gives that sort of reply? It was coming from the crankcase recirc tube.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
WOW, a six month old thread and you make a comment like that? Your expertise indicates you have more time than knowledge, as the blow by tube is connected to the carb, which would mean that if oil was being blown out the tube it would smoke continuously.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
What sort of retard gives that sort of reply? It was coming from the crankcase recirc tube.
What sort of retard would give that sort of reply to someone trying to help you.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A guy who has no clue to what he is doing, as it took him 6 months to solve the problem and then he answers back. I guess he removed the shroud and found the source of the problem. Wait, didn’t I suggest that? Guess his mechanical skills, reading skills and dealing with others skills are all on the same level.

bogdaN

Threads
yes ,you correct Rivets.