Oil burner ??

longsam1950

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a LT 1050 that's 16 years old. I have had the blue smoke out of the left side for the last 10 years. The electric clutch
failed last year, giving me an excuse to buy a new zero turn. I'm considering investing in a new clutch, because I like my old Cub Cadet, for jobs where I don't want to use my new mower. I cut about two acres, and some of it is rough on mowers. My repairman tells me I have a bad oil ring. He said to run it till it stopped, then we would decide to rebuild or replace. If the smoke doesn't bother you, use it. Just keep the oil checked.

glennsjr

Threads
Replaced both head gaskets, Both gaskets did fail. Haven't got a chance to try it out yet but sounds sweet running and the dipstick won't go airborne if removed while running. Thanks for all your help.

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
Have a Cub Cadet LT1050 that was given to me, 299 hrs on a Kohler Command 26 hp CV 730 When I go up hills to the right it start blowing Blue Smoke out of it. other wise it doesn't smoke. Any Ideas off the top of your head?? Did a compression test with an automotive type compression tester while the engine was cold and had 140 lbs in both cylinders. Wish I had a leak down tester but I don't. Thanks in advance
When I go up hills to the right it start blowing Blue Smoke

blown head gasket is the only symptom that produces this exact symptom. If you can repeat this up at an angleat a step angle to left or right side down hill and it immediately starts the blue smoke - head gasket. Then you have to figure which side and usually is the up hill side but not a rule.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like a worn intake valve guide or valve seal.

glennsjr

Threads
When I go up hills to the right it start blowing Blue Smoke

blown head gasket is the only symptom that produces this exact symptom. If you can repeat this up at an angleat a step angle to left or right side down hill and it immediately starts the blue smoke - head gasket. Then you have to figure which side and usually is the up hill side but not a rule.
Both Head gaskets were blown all fixed and running great