Export thread

O Briggs & Stratton With Funny Governor

O

Old Okie

I have a 5hp B&S horizontal on a Troy Bilt Pony tiller. The model is 135292. Motor runs but the governor does not work. I have looked at videos until I am nearly blind. Looks like I need a spring on the governor arm to settle things down but I am not sure which spring is the right one. The governor arm does not have a hole in it to hold the spring in place. It does have a slotted perch where the spring should hang but I can not figure out where to attach the other end of the spring. I do have a spring for the governor but it may not be the right one.
Does any one have an old engine they could look at and maybe help me figure this out.

R

Rivets

The governor section of the service manual may be of some help. Go to this site and download manual #270962 and read over the section on governors. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...-head-smpdf/&usg=AOvVaw2xiRQav9LauqmS0FK7Wu9A

StarTech

StarTech

Need the type number and trim code as quite a few version of this engine.

1651060135434.png

O

Old Okie

Type 015801
Code 970224YA
Mdel 135292

Thanks
Old Okie

O

Old Okie

About 10 minutes ago I( realized what may be the problem with this motor. About 6 years ago I replaced the tank and part of the throttle-governor assembly is on the tank Does that matter??

S

slomo

About 10 minutes ago I( realized what may be the problem with this motor. About 6 years ago I replaced the tank and part of the throttle-governor assembly is on the tank Does that matter??
Post up pictures of all the parts you are working with.

sgkent

sgkent

photos please