Nothing but problems..........2007 Ferris IS200Z 61" Kawasaki Liquid Cool

STLwesthomes

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Nothing but problems..........2007 Ferris IS200Z 61" Kawasaki Liquid Cool
2007 Ferris has 427 Hours. I purchased this mower in 2015. Its been broke down in my garage for 1.5 years. Lets begin.
The mower idles perfect, give it a little throttle and the engine is stumbling all over and wont rev, adjusted valve and springs, still the problem persists.
Brought to Scott's Power Equipment - the told me the compression on cyl 1 was zero.... They then tried to sell me a new engine and buy my old engine,

Got the mower home. All fine we thought. 6 months later (April 2020) Got a compression tester and both cylinders are showing 90 compression. However, same problem persists. if we give the machine any throttle it stumbles and sounds terrible. wont rev up at all.

Gets better. Little did i know they ran the machine at the shop with the Hydro pump valve open and i have no fluid in the reservoir of the machine.
I cant even move the machine now but my Hydro gear pumps are not working. they make noise and kinda move. but not enough to load on a trailer. i have added fluid to the reservoir and lifted the back of the mower up to purge the lines, which that did nothing.

Im telling you, my john deere riding tractor has been 100x more reliable than this mess.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Have you tried cleaning the carburetor? Main jet probably clogged.

sheenist

Threads
You went to a dealer. They sell mowers. You need to find a good shop that only repairs them. They are around, just have to look and ask around. Find one that has been around for years and check their rep.

On edit: Another thought, you bought a mower that has 427 hrs. That is roughly equivalent to 11 years of use, possibly hard use. It may be time to cut your losses. Good luck.

Sheenist

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Either take it to a reputable dealer/shop for repairs or trade it in on a Toro ZTR. Either way, get rid of Ferris, compression is low.