No_Pump_Sprayer (DEATH To Wild Onions)

RayMcD

Threads
Gentlemen, my recent project to build a No_Pump_Sprayer. First I salvaged the 2 gallon tank from an old compressor and many of the fittings from a retired really noisy compressor. The hand truck had been sitting around for way to many years with no purpose.
A few additional fitting, a repurposed tube to extend the sprayer wand and new regulator from harbor freight, then a few feet of 1/4" tubing and I never have to pump again (but I can if I choose).

I tested the bottle fill pressure using the same gauge on the low side of the regulator with the hand pump, decided that ~20lbs would do, then cobbled together the balance. I can isolate the bottle from the tank and also the tank from the fill port with valves. I put 100lbs in the tank, set the regulator to 20, then spray an entire 2.5 gallon bottle with 40lbs of air to spare. It doesn't take any longer to refill that air tank than it takes to fill with fluid.
It's certainly no more work to pull this around behind you than carrying the bottle around while pumping it to spray a few weeds.
The bottle is 2.5 gallon from Tractor supply, you can see it had a flat space already that was perfect place to add fill fitting. 4 long 1/4" bolts into the old compressor mount with a long gear clamp easily attached the bottle to the top of the tank. Also fashioned a bracket to keep the sprayer wand and place to hang the and pump while filling topped it off. I have gauges for tank pressure and also bottle pressure, and I also keep the old safety pressure relief. After the fluid is gone I isolate the regulator from the tank and bleed off the pressure with regulator to prevent any venting while refilling.
It may not be pretty but it works well and very easy to use. Cheers, Ray
no_pump_sprayer_1.JPG
no_pump_sprayer_2.JPG

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You guys do know that those so called wild onions are actually wild garlics don't you? There is a difference as wild garlic stinks to high heavens and wild onions don't.

Plus wild onions usually only live on river banks where the wild garlic are everywhere.

RayMcD

Threads
You guys do know that those so called wild onions are actually wild garlics don't you? There is a difference as wild garlic stinks to high heavens and wild onions don't.

Plus wild onions usually only live on river banks where the wild garlic are everywhere.

Your are correct Sir, old habits die hard, nothing ruins a well trimmed yard more than the fresh cut smell of the little suckers. r

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes there is nothing like getting your lungs full the stinky mess. Most of mine yard is fairly clear of them due my chickens eating them but boy do they have bad breath. <lol>