No holes in my carburetor float bowl

Nanna Mary

Forum Newbie
Threads
Craftsman 21" 140 cc push mower bought 4.29.2020 after 5 uses, will not start. Removed carburetor float bowl and there are no holes in the screw to clean per all the YouTube videos that shared the top 3-7 reasons why a mower won't start, mostly after being stored, not new. Contacted Craftsman, no recalls so really confused. Neighbors all retired so they hear their grass grow and run to cut. Been dealing with this 3 weeks now and its time to address more aggressively. Nerve damage being a cancer survivor limits how often I have attempted to address this.

Mower King

Threads
Craftsman 21" 140 cc push mower bought 4.29.2020 after 5 uses, will not start. Removed carburetor float bowl and there are no holes in the screw to clean per all the YouTube videos that shared the top 3-7 reasons why a mower won't start, mostly after being stored, not new. Contacted Craftsman, no recalls so really confused. Neighbors all retired so they hear their grass grow and run to cut. Been dealing with this 3 weeks now and its time to address more aggressively. Nerve damage being a cancer survivor limits how often I have attempted to address this.
More than likely, it is a carburetor problem....either dirt or water is in the carb.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Do you know the specific model name of the mower?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
What you describe with the youtube videos sounds like the fuel bowl nut with the jets on the Briggs engines used prior to OHV. Sounds like you have the MTD engine which doesn't have bowl nut jets. Just the main jet screwed into the emulsion tube.which probably has dirt in it.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you using E10 fuel? Does the mower sit outside? Is the mower stored in a place where it might get cool in the morning and hot in the evening?

slomo