No flat front tires ...

H-DK

Threads
Are they solid rubber? Do they have any give at all, or are they unforgivingly hard?

Last edited:

NorthBama

Threads
I recently aquired a Ferris IS1500Z that had them on the front. I changed back to the original air tires. I didnt like the hard rubber tires.

H-DK

Threads
I recently aquired a Ferris IS1500Z that had them on the front. I changed back to the original air tires. I didnt like the hard rubber tires.
Yeah, I did the same on my Dixie Chopper. I was wondering if these on the Bad Boy might be a little softer.

Tiger Small Engine

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are they solid rubber? Do they have any give at all, or are they unforgivingly hard?
They are not solid rubber, they are about an inch thick. Very little shock absorption is achieved with front tires with air on a zero turn. That is where a suspension seat really helps. In my opinion, flat free, run flat tires, whatever you want to call them, are they way to go, especially if mowing commercially.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I mow a yard for a friend with his bad boy MZ. Has the no flat front wheels, to me, the front end is more bouncier as opposed to other Z turns with pneumatic wheels.