Newby Broardmoor Blade Questions

Gobbledot

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have just purchased a new Broadmoor w/48" Fab'd deck and wondering what is a good high lift blade to use on it. I purchased a mulch kit with it but not sure if its ok to put it on and leave it year around.I thought about putting the baffles on and leaving them and just block off the shoot when I want to mulch (fall) but don't know if that's a good idea or not. Any help/ideas from you professionals would be greatly appreciated. I was a Scag man before this new gem was purchased, it was starting to get hard for me to get off of the Freedom Z..

CMB1

Threads
I just BOUGHT the same unit. Should be delivered this week. According to Oregon Blades, their best mulching blade for this mower is their Gator 5. Guess I'll wait till I can get numbers off the factory blades before ordering the Gators. I was just about to BUY another JD but the features on the Broadmoor won me over. My GT 225 was BOUGHT new and has almost 1100 hrs on it without having to ever go in for service......we'll see.

CMB1

Threads
Mowed 7 times with the new Broadmoor. Factory blades seem to cut pretty well with mulching kit on 48" deck. Lawn was entirely too wet a couple times and underside of the deck is staying surprisingly clean. I've only dropped the deck one time and it was a battle (for me)Because of that,I ordered a Cat "side lifting" mower jack to help with maintenance and blade changes. Of course the mower jack came with no Safety Bar included ?, so two weeks later,(after having to order a replacement), I'm trying it out today.After calling my dealer about replacement blades, he found Gator 6 blades that will fit. # 391-614. My only concern will be, they're probably 'overkill' for "harry home owner." When I pull one of the factory blades, I want to see how much difference there is in the weight between the two. Gator 6's are .25 inch thick, they're probably quite a bit heavier than Simplicity's blade.Here's pics of the mower jack. Next time I lift it, I'll scoot the mower over a little to allow more margin for the bottom edge of the deck.Resized_20200930_105104.jpegResized_20200930_105119.jpegResized_20200930_105206.jpeg

Last edited:

CMB1

Threads
Bought Oregon's Gator G-6 Blades. Dressed the paint off the edges and balanced them. Mowed yesterday at 3". So far,so good. Now if I can find tires that would be better for traction! Got my eye on a pair of Kenda Terra Tracs, 22-11-10 instead of factory size 22-10-10.

Attachments

• Resized_20201015_130902.jpeg
    Resized_20201015_130902.jpeg
    471.9 KB · Views: 6

CMB1

Threads
Well, the G6 Blades didn't work out. I'm getting a better cut with factory blades. Upgraded tires to Carlisle All Trail in 23-11-10, much better traction and room to spare. Carlisle is "conservative" in their sizing numbers. I'll most likely BUY another set of Simplicity blades, I'll need to BUY another belt soon anyway. Mine has a small slice in it that I'm sure will rear it's ugly head at the most inopportune time!

Attachments

• Resized_20210720_085424.jpeg
    Resized_20210720_085424.jpeg
    594.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Resized_20210720_085355.jpeg
    Resized_20210720_085355.jpeg
    514.9 KB · Views: 10

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you are using the OEM high lift blades, remove the baffles and discharge the clippings out of the chute.

Gobbledot

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you are using the OEM high lift blades, remove the baffles and discharge the clippings out of the chute.
I am using the OEM blades but using the mulching kit. The OEM's don't seem to suck the grass in under the deck like the ones that I had on the Scag, maybe I am just too use to the Scag. I know the Simplicity misses grass and I am still scratching my head as to why. I have noticed it more when I am going around a tree.

bkeller500

Threads
I have just purchased a new Broadmoor w/48" Fab'd deck and wondering what is a good high lift blade to use on it. I purchased a mulch kit with it but not sure if its ok to put it on and leave it year around.I thought about putting the baffles on and leaving them and just block off the shoot when I want to mulch (fall) but don't know if that's a good idea or not. Any help/ideas from you professionals would be greatly appreciated. I was a Scag man before this new gem was purchased, it was starting to get hard for me to get off of the Freedom Z..
Ok it's been awhile with your new Broadmoor w/48" deck and Mulch kit. Are you happy with the mulch kit? Do you get a great cut? Dose your deck get clogged often and need to be scraped?

Broadmoor

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have just purchased a 2021 Broadmoor 25/52 and have the mulch kit on order, I am wondering myself.

bkeller500

Threads
I have just purchased a 2021 Broadmoor 25/52 and have the mulch kit on order, I am wondering myself.
About a month ago I stopped at my local Simplicity dealer to see about a new mower and what he would recommend for my property. We narrowed it down to a Conquest or a Courier XT but he said not to get the mulch kits. According to the sales rep.....as well as a Simplicity cuts and stripes....it lacks in mulching capability and I would be very disappointed when mulching. That set me back a little and delayed my decision to purchase. I want to be able to mulch and not have clumping nor a clogged deck after each mowing.