Newbie picked up 1964 Lawn-Boy Model 7253

william.harrington

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have not had to worry about lawn duties for a long time but needed a mower due to moving into a house. Have always loved Lawn-Boys since I was little. Got lucky on CraigsList with the find of a cherry 1964 Model 7253 in superb condition. Followed the printed instructions but could not start, then discovered the fuel shutoff valve. Duh. With fresh gas mix and spark plug it starts easy and runs like a dream. Think I need to bump up the heavy running speed, though. I think I should restore it this winter, which would not take much work to pull it off.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello and welcome to LMF! :smile:

I moved your thread to the Lawn Boy forum. Congrats on your new mower!

okiepc

Threads
Welcome, sounds like you found a nice one. We need pictures:smile:

Rudedog

Threads
Jeeze Louise! Pics or it didn't happen!

ironhorse

Threads
Have not had to worry about lawn duties for a long time but needed a mower due to moving into a house. Have always loved Lawn-Boys since I was little. Got lucky on CraigsList with the find of a cherry 1964 Model 7253 in superb condition. Followed the printed instructions but could not start, then discovered the fuel shutoff valve. Duh. With fresh gas mix and spark plug it starts easy and runs like a dream. Think I need to bump up the heavy running speed, though. I think I should restore it this winter, which would not take much work to pull it off.

sounds like a great score, i've been wanting that model for some time now, located one two states away, been wanting to call and see if the seller would ship it, may give him a call this evening, try to get a pic up of yours, would like to see it:thumbsup: