Engine NEW ZTS7500 DEAD

emismom17

Forum Newbie
Threads
:mad:under 300 hours with oil, spark plug changes etc. just up and died. really? made some grinding noises then backfired and gave up the ghost. any ideas? please help. I can buy a new engine for $700, but am not feeling good about spending anymore on craftsman. is this the result of chrome rings? are they just crap? what???? i forgot to meantion the white smoke...

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You don't give us much to go on to help you. I don't know what brand of engine. I don't know what size engine. I don't know if it was under load or just idling. I don't know if it was hot or cold. I don't the engine model numbers. I don't know if you checked anything after it died. I don't know what you did to revive it. I don't know how to answer your questions. To get answers you are going to have to paint a picture of what is going on to the best of your ability. We were not there when it happened nor can we see what you are talking about. The tech guys on this forum are extremely busy this time of year, (most of us are working 9+ hours a day) and unless we can see what people are talking about, we're not going to waste our time trying to figure out how the answer, just ignor.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
:mad:under 300 hours with oil, spark plug changes etc. just up and died. really? made some grinding noises then backfired and gave up the ghost. any ideas? please help. I can buy a new engine for $700, but am not feeling good about spending anymore on craftsman. is this the result of chrome rings? are they just crap? what???? i forgot to meantion the white smoke...

NEW.......300 hours......those don't sound synomymous:0(
Like user rivets stated.....more info needed for anyone to assist you.