New ZT Avenger transaxle wonky

Drowles25

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a new ZT Avenger in May. It has about 18 hours on it. It’s currently at the dealer getting warranty work as the back end of the Koehler 7000 started leaking oil. I also complained that the transaxle was losing power after being used on slopes. I doubt they take the time to replicate the transaxle issue, so I figured I’d ask here.
I have a long ditch in front of my property and it’s easier and the grass gets cut if I mow it length wise instead of going up and down the ditch. It’s not even steep enough that I’d be worried about rolling or tipping over. As I mow along the ditch at an angle, the transaxle, especially the left side, starts to lose power. If I want to get more power I have to push the bar forward way more and then it whines really bad. It occasionally does this even on flat ground, but it’s rare. It’s not the cotter pins either, they’re pushed in.
Any idea what the issue could be?

Mower King

Threads
The Avengers have an Internal Expansion Bladder inside each wheel motor, the oil level could be low from factory but, not likely. The fluid level can be checked on level surface.
They have a 2 year Warranty....it might be tough to get it worked on if it was bought at a box store though, call were you bought it and explain what it's doing.

Drowles25

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Avengers have an Internal Expansion Bladder inside each wheel motor, the oil level could be low from factory but, not likely. The fluid level can be checked on level surface.
They have a 2 year Warranty....it might be tough to get it worked on if it was bought at a box store though, call were you bought it and explain what it's doing.
Thanks, I got it from a dealer but so far I’m not impressed. It took them 5 hours to determine the engine was in fact leaking oil and they were preparing to remove the top cover.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Last edited:

Drowles25

Forum Newbie
Threads