New Toro w/ water in the oil

Bigyardproblems

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a brand new Toro Titan 75313. Started cutting for the first time, and it started blowing smoke. Checked the oil, and it’s a milky color, which leads me to believe there is water in the oil. I can change the oil, but now I’m concerned that there may be engine damage. Is that possible with .1 hours on it?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two things come to mind very quickly. First, I would be calling the dealer on Tuesday ( hope you didn’t purchase from a big box store) and find out what is going on there. Respectable dealers would have checked that before delivery. Guys like that make my blood boil, as they are no better than the big box stores, it doesn’t matter which brand name, I would let them know I’m not a happy camper, and if I’m not happy I would contact Toro directly. I know they would not be happy. Second, I would make sure that my warranty registration has been filled so I have coverage if something goes wrong. Third, warm up the engine and change the oil and filter, especially if the dealer won’t do it. With the short amount of time you have on it I personally don’t think you will have a problem. If you purchased and setup at a big box store, I would be talking to them about supplying you with the oil and filter, plus anything else you can get from them for your time.