New Toro SS5000 deposited

JavaGale

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone,

First off, I want to thank everyone and this wonderful forum! I've done lots of research on this website, Mowers Direct website and Consumer Reports online. After all the research, I've decided to go with Toro with the Kawasaki engine. I was not sure which mowing deck to go with, the 42" or 50". I was gonna see what my options were especially based on price. My home new has 1.4 acres with no slope at all.

I called about 15 different dealers in Northern VA and MD area. I was focusing on the 3 models, the Toro 4260, 5000, and 5260 and get the prices. Almost all dealers had similar prices (+/- $100-200) but I had to pay $100-200 extra for shipping since most of them did not have it in stock. But one dealer had 2 different models in stock and sold 2 SS5000 in one day, yesterday. They had the last SS5000 left in stock.

I called and explained my situation since I am also buying a home and the settlement is not until this upcoming Thursday. They agreed to hold the last SS5000 model in stock for $100 deposit. The sales price is $2849 before tax and delivery will only be $50. Ironically the sales price for the 4260 was $2999. Thought got a good deal for the 8 inch difference. The price is even the same at Mowers Direct but I get the "dealer" advantage since its a family owned business and they own 2 sales/repair shops within 30 miles away from my new home.

Can't wait to get it and have it delivered Saturday afternoon the latest! Looking forward to participate more in this forum! :smile:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
At that price I think you got a great deal. I see you did your research and can't add anything except, Thank you for listening to us on this forum and going with a dealer.