New to Husqvarna

nodlenor

Threads
Hi all. I'm new to the forum. My name is Ron. I've owned several different brands of mowers over the years, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Massy Ferguson, MTD, Cub Cadet, and now a Husqvarna. I bought my Husky about 3 weeks ago and so far I like it. It is a 2554 model with a 25hp Kohler engine. I've had likes and dislikes with all of them but for the most part they have been good to me. I currently mow a little over an acre every week and in the past I mowed a lot more. I'm 66 years old and starting to slow down. Thanks for accepting me as a new member and I look forward to exchanging a lot of good information in the future.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the Husqvarna Forum. :smile:

Gearjammer

Threads
Hi all. I'm new to the forum. My name is Ron. I've owned several different brands of mowers over the years, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Massy Ferguson, MTD, Cub Cadet, and now a Husqvarna. I bought my Husky about 3 weeks ago and so far I like it. It is a 2554 model with a 25hp Kohler engine. I've had likes and dislikes with all of them but for the most part they have been good to me. I currently mow a little over an acre every week and in the past I mowed a lot more. I'm 66 years old and starting to slow down. Thanks for accepting me as a new member and I look forward to exchanging a lot of good information in the future.
I am also about your age and have had numerous brands of mowers, Husky 2554 being the latest. I am having troubles with traction and alignment and steering. Its really hard to pinpoint the cause of the problems and little or no adjustment is available.. just replacing exhorbitantly priced parts seems to be the only option or modifying poorly engineered design. Let me know what you find. Gearjammer

nodlenor

Threads
I am also about your age and have had numerous brands of mowers, Husky 2554 being the latest. I am having troubles with traction and alignment and steering. Its really hard to pinpoint the cause of the problems and little or no adjustment is available.. just replacing exhorbitantly priced parts seems to be the only option or modifying poorly engineered design. Let me know what you find. Gearjammer

My 2554 also had traction problems. I installed tractor lug tires and wheel weights and that helped a lot. My Bil bought a 2654 which is almost the same. He had traction problems also and solved them the same way. I'm not sure just what your problem is with the alignment and steering, I haven't had any of those problems with mine.

Tacbob

Forum Newbie
Threads
Gearjammer,

This might not apply to your steering problem but I noticed on my MZ52 that if the sticks aren't pulled far enough towards each other that they will "catch" or "rub" in the slot and not be as easy to push forward or pull.

Regarding alignment, isn't there a knob to adjust that? I may not understand what your issue is there.

Gearjammer

Threads
Tacbob-- My Husky is a standard tractor, not a zero turn. Something got bent, broke, or twisted when the front wheel fell in a hole. I replaced the spindle, thinking that must be it, but I believe that the bolt which is part of the draglink and connects to the spindle got bent and Hence "stretched" causing the opposite wheel to "toe out" when the left one is straight, I believe. The draglink is still the same size as its mate. Now to try and find replacement parts in stock somewhere. Thanks again. Gearjammer