New to forum (And mowing!)

siradambeck

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

I just bought my first house, and with it have my first yard. The property is pretty big, 0.81 acres, but about half of that is trees. So, I probably have about 0.4 acres to mow, and the crab grass is getting long.

I had a quick look at the FAQs and brand comparison threads, but didn't really see anything that fit my specific criteria. So thought I would join and throw out a few questions.

0.4 acres feels like kind of an awkward size. Too small for a riding mower, too big for a push mower?

Does anyone have any recommendations for something fitting? Is there a "gold" standard out there? I don't want to dread mowing the lawn, and want to take some pride in how it looks. I'm thinking of cutting it low and then overseeding it this weekend.

Thanks!

noma

Threads
Siradambeck hi

Welcome aboard to LMF and i'm not sure how much you want to spend ,but there are some good used mower out there to?:rolleyes:

LandN

Threads
Hi,

I just bought my first house, and with it have my first yard. The property is pretty big, 0.81 acres, but about half of that is trees. So, I probably have about 0.4 acres to mow, and the crab grass is getting long.

I had a quick look at the FAQs and brand comparison threads, but didn't really see anything that fit my specific criteria. So thought I would join and throw out a few questions.

0.4 acres feels like kind of an awkward size. Too small for a riding mower, too big for a push mower?

Does anyone have any recommendations for something fitting? Is there a "gold" standard out there? I don't want to dread mowing the lawn, and want to take some pride in how it looks. I'm thinking of cutting it low and then overseeding it this weekend.

Thanks!

If you believe the yard is to small for a rider and to big for a 21"/22" self propelled. maybe look at a sears craftsman 33" self propelled wide body mower(they come in 2 flavors)also the cub cadet has a similar mower.i have cut a lot of grass with the craftsman 33" and they are a time saver,but are not commercial duty, but equal to many other homeowner mowers.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the Mower Buying & Pricing Forum. :smile:

benski

Threads
I wouldn't feel ashamed to have a riding mower for that size yard.:ashamed:If you get a little rider that you can tow a trailer behind, it will open up a ton of maintenance possibilities around the house..:eek::wink::biggrin: