New spindle lubrication

Lonestar

Threads
Cub Cadet XT2 Enduro. I picked up a couple of new spindle assemblies on Amazon. These have zerk fittings for lubrication as opposed to the OEM spindles with none.

My question is should I actually apply grease through these zerk fittings? I'm assuming the bearings used are the sealed type, meaning there is no way filling the spindle cavity I am going to actually get grease in the bearing. Second, if I were to apply grease to the fitting, how would I know how much to apply? What's the sign to stop applying more grease?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
usually there are weep holes the grease will start to come out, or grease will begin to come out the bottom or top of the spindle.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
But pretty sure the bearings are sealed if the OEM are still being too cheap to use the correct bearings. They probably still using 2RS vs the ZZ bearings. This means you must disassemble the spindles so the bearings inner seals can be removed as you can't get grease into the bearing until you do. When filling with grease I usually listen closely and when I here no air escaping I quit adding grease.

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yep, what he said..