New Scag Owner!

mormonsniper

Threads
Yep way too much mower for my little yard. It use to take me some 3 hours or more to mow with my old Craftsman 46" tractor. I'm down to maybe a little over an hour AND I'm enjoying it. This wouldn't be the first time I've overbought.
There are a lot of things I have that I really don't need, but that's ok. I think as long as you are having fun then it really doesn't make any difference. Got to help my neighbor with her yard down the road. Her push mower went belly up after only two weeks. I like working on things. I've been in maintenance for over 35 years, mostly test equipment and biomedical equipment. I'm still trying to decide on retirement. I found a job I'd do for free and they're paying me to do it. It will be tough to retire, but I also know that it would give a younger guy with a family an excellent way to earn a living. I've been the old man of the shop before. Rolling around on the floor in the shop or heading up to surgery to help out with a kidney stone operation just isn't very exciting anymore... fluids on the floor and so on. The mower is great and works very well. I'll run it until I get too old and then let someone else cut my grass.

Blessings to all,

ms

Champ

Threads
Yep way too much mower for my little yard. It use to take me some 3 hours or more to mow with my old Craftsman 46" tractor. I'm down to maybe a little over an hour AND I'm enjoying it. This wouldn't be the first time I've overbought.
There are a lot of things I have that I really don't need, but that's ok. I think as long as you are having fun then it really doesn't make any difference. Got to help my neighbor with her yard down the road. Her push mower went belly up after only two weeks. I like working on things. I've been in maintenance for over 35 years, mostly test equipment and biomedical equipment. I'm still trying to decide on retirement. I found a job I'd do for free and they're paying me to do it. It will be tough to retire, but I also know that it would give a younger guy with a family an excellent way to earn a living. I've been the old man of the shop before. Rolling around on the floor in the shop or heading up to surgery to help out with a kidney stone operation just isn't very exciting anymore... fluids on the floor and so on. The mower is great and works very well. I'll run it until I get too old and then let someone else cut my grass.

Blessings to all,

ms

I'm with you. Just " over bought" a New Tiger Cat that I probably don't need to do what I'm doing. Love the fact that it is one of the best. Makes me feel good just looking at it. Enjoy.

Threads
I also just bought a Scag 4/23/14, but I bought a Tiger Cat 52" with Kaw FX691V motor for $8000.00 after taxes. I mow 4.5 acres that is hilly and was worried I bought to small but have to say I'm impressed. Never drove a zero turn before and haven't mowed this year (grass between 5-9 inch) till I brought it home. I asked for some hearing protection for Christmas sense I cut wood for supplemental heat and ended up getting a pair of Howard Leight AM/FM radio ear muffs. So put about 2.5 gal. of gas in each side, put on my ear protection and took off. First I was going to go around the house (being lazy) then thought I'll just do the front yard (went pretty fast) then might as well do the back. Radio said rain tomorrow so I'll go around the barn, well might as well do the other half of the property where I planted 40 trees 5 years ago. It probably took 2hrs (guessing) not knowing what i was doing (I looked like Tony Stewart on a dirt track coming around those trees) grass was high in areas but never bogged down and yard has no clumps at all, amazing. I did use one side of the gas tanks ( full throttle @ 2hr stopping to pick up branches over 2" diameter) Now I'm looking at fertilizing my yard where before thought I couldn't keep up with the growth, lol. Man you all probably know but the hearing protection really made a difference ( I had a apple tree rake them off my ear once and couldn't wait to get them back in place). Really am impressed with the power, speed, and quality of cut with this unit.

mormonsniper

Threads
I also just bought a Scag 4/23/14, but I bought a Tiger Cat 52" with Kaw FX691V motor for $8000.00 after taxes. I mow 4.5 acres that is hilly and was worried I bought to small but have to say I'm impressed. Never drove a zero turn before and haven't mowed this year (grass between 5-9 inch) till I brought it home. I asked for some hearing protection for Christmas sense I cut wood for supplemental heat and ended up getting a pair of Howard Leight AM/FM radio ear muffs. So put about 2.5 gal. of gas in each side, put on my ear protection and took off. First I was going to go around the house (being lazy) then thought I'll just do the front yard (went pretty fast) then might as well do the back. Radio said rain tomorrow so I'll go around the barn, well might as well do the other half of the property where I planted 40 trees 5 years ago. It probably took 2hrs (guessing) not knowing what i was doing (I looked like Tony Stewart on a dirt track coming around those trees) grass was high in areas but never bogged down and yard has no clumps at all, amazing. I did use one side of the gas tanks ( full throttle @ 2hr stopping to pick up branches over 2" diameter) Now I'm looking at fertilizing my yard where before thought I couldn't keep up with the growth, lol. Man you all probably know but the hearing protection really made a difference ( I had a apple tree rake them off my ear once and couldn't wait to get them back in place). Really am impressed with the power, speed, and quality of cut with this unit.

Excellent! You mow a lot more than I do. I wear close fitting sunglasses because I wear contacts. I wear a boonie had and hearing protection. My Turf Tiger has the FD791D motor. I use about a gallon or so an acre (one cut of my yard). Much better gas mileage than my old Craftsman that had a 3.5 gallon tank. Now I look forward to mowing. We need some more rain here and I need to fertilize again.