New Push Mower: Dual Lever Height Adjustment Incorrect?

kpeercy

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New Push Mower: Dual Lever Height Adjustment Incorrect?
I just bought a new 21" Yard Machines push mover from THD. It has a high rear wheel and dual lever adjustment. The manual clearly states that the levers work in opposite directions and that you lower the mower by pulling the rear lever back but pushing the front lever forward. However, that's not what happens. Pulling the rear lever back clearly raises the deck. Pulling the front lever does the same. Has anyone experienced this? For example, pulling the rear lever back to the very last of the six settings results in the deck measuring right at 4" off of the ground, while going as far forward as possible lowers the deck to under 2". This seems so strange to me that it doesn't work as stated in the manual. Anyone ever seen like this before? Am I missing something?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
What you could be seeing is a left over that got incorrectly carried over into a new manual when the controls on the mower deck were manufactured different. Basically the manual is wrong and it happens. And if possible could you post the model number of the mower so we can look up a diagram to see what this looks like.

kpeercy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Model# 11A-B0MA700. I've attached the diagram from the manual. When you pull the rear lever toward the handle, it certainly doesn't lower the deck. Trust me. Both levers work exactly the same contrary to the diagram and written instructions.

Attachments

• IMG_2578.jpg
    IMG_2578.jpg
    910.1 KB · Views: 7

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Probably a misprint. It only makes sense that raising the mower is accomplished by moving both levers towards the rear.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most work to change the height by moving in opposite directions. To increase mowing height move the rear lever to the rear and the front lever to the front.