New member, new mower

mikeharold

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,

Just signed up and wanted to say hi. We just bought 4.5 acres with 2 large lawns that took about 45 mins to mow with my trusty Honda self propelled mower that I've had for about 12 years problem free. I started my search for a used riding mower since I have been spending plenty of $ on other things at this point(tractor, tons of house projects, etc....). Came across a Craftsman LT1500 on Craigslist the other day and after talking to the guy decided to make the 45 min drive to go check it out. He has a very tiny lawn, maybe 2 circles with the mower worth, and that was it. Fired right up and idles like butter. Looked good so told him sold. I paid $500 for it with the rear bagger, cover, and some other misc parts as well. Best deal I've seen around here so far since I've started looking, slim pickings right now.

Got it home, unloaded it, put some more fuel in it, and mowed the yard. Works great! Sure beast following the Honda around for 40-45 mins! One thing I did notice later is some fluid on the rear axle. Haven't taken a closer look yet. What should I be looking for and what's the possible problem? What other things should I look for or do to avoid issues with this mower?

Just wanted to give a little background, say hi, and learn a little about my machine. Thanks and I look forward to spending some time here.

Homer1

Threads
Welcome!

Sounds like a good deal to me. It's really hard to find a mower that comes with all the accessories for that price. Especially one that runs well and mows right.

I love it when an owner purchases the accessories, they are so hard to find a few years after the mower is new. They change things all the time.

Happy mowing!