Export thread

New Member from Kansas

F

Factotum

Hi,
Good to find this forum. I bought a Woods Mow'n Machine 5215 last fall, and find it to be a very nice, heavy machine. Mine came with the Kubota D722-e diesel. Now, if I can only find a manual for this mower online somewhere. I found some manuals on eBay and Messicks has some good diagrams and parts. The mower is a front deck model.

The next time I mow, I will write down the model number and serial number for reference.

Regards,
Chuck

The red 20

The red 20

Howdy :welcome: :newhere:

Briana

Briana

Hello Chuck! Welcome to LawnWorld.

:welcome:

F

Factotum

Thank you all for the welcomes. Mark, I had already found the site from fire-pump.com, on the Kubota d722 diesel. The charging system on the diesel is not charging, and I think that it is a failed dynamo/rectfier. I found one online for $40 shipped.

I have another mower that I bought last fall. It is a Swisher Big Mow with the fiberglass hood. Swisher claims it is the original ZTR. The front wheel is driven and pivots 360 degrees. Cute mower and actually does a good job is areas that are too tight for my Woods.

Regards,
Chuck

Briana

Briana

Howdy :welcome: :newhere:

And hello red 20! Welcome! :smile:

M

mechanic mark

Thank you all for the welcomes. Mark, I had already found the site from fire-pump.com, on the Kubota d722 diesel. The charging system on the diesel is not charging, and I think that it is a failed dynamo/rectfier. I found one online for $40 shipped.

I have another mower that I bought last fall. It is a Swisher Big Mow with the fiberglass hood. Swisher claims it is the original ZTR. The front wheel is driven and pivots 360 degrees. Cute mower and actually does a good job is areas that are too tight for my Woods.

Regards,
Chuck
Thanks Chuck, please keep us informed as to what you find.

F

Factotum

In regard to the dynamo, it showed 14.9 volts on each of the two leads, so I went searching elsewhere. Tracing the wires, I found that they ran to the voltage regulator/rectifier, and from there to the fuse box. The fuse for the ammeter, a 10-amp, was blown. I replaced the fuse, but still no voltage to the ammeter. I replaced the regulator/rectifier with a new one for $38 and all is fine now. The dynamo charges the batter with a little over 13 VDC. This Woods mower, originally built by Grasshopper, is easy to work on.

Chuck

173abn

173abn

from one Kansan to another welcome....russ