New isx3300 delivered yesterday ...

afphinfan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Was able to get my JD z930R sold on the same day as my new Ferris got delivered ... so nothing had to stay under the carport instead of the shop. I mowed a few acres of the front yard to see the difference between the 3300, the 930R and my other mower which is is2100z. Wow! Not only is the newly designed suspension great but the high back suspension seat is really nice; much nicer than the suspension seat from the JD (the 2100 has a standard seat). I splurged for the 3300 as my dealer only had 2200s in 52" which was not what I wanted. The 3300 had 72" cut and the Kawasaki FX1000-EFI 38.5HP motor which would certainly be enough for those few times when my pasture gets like hay before it gets cut. I believe these two Ferris ZTRs will last us dang near forever.

A side note: I was able to sell the 930R on FB Marketplace. The guy that bought it had brought his brother-in-law who seemed to be very familiar with mowers. He found a spot on the middle of the deck where a bolt for a pulley was pulling through the deck. Pretty small spot and he asked for some more consideration on the price (I had already come down plenty), but in the end both parties were happy so a fair trade.

fescue

Forum Newbie
Threads
That's good to hear. I got a 3300 EFI 40 hp 61" and have 10 hrs on it. I mow 7 acres fescue in addition to weeds on the boundary of my crop fields. Previously I had a 2015 3100 with the 36 hp and liked it also. The 3300 is definitely a step up. I had a upgraded seat on the 3100 and even it is no comparison to these new seats. I have some lower back issues and I was thinking this seat I could use in my living room, one beer and I'd be asleep in it. The new suspension combined with the seat is quite nice on the rougher ground. The 3300 EFI was also a bit of a splurge on my part as one of the lower models would have sufficed. But no regrets, you only retire once. Glad you like your 3300.

Mower King

Threads
Was able to get my JD z930R sold on the same day as my new Ferris got delivered ... so nothing had to stay under the carport instead of the shop. I mowed a few acres of the front yard to see the difference between the 3300, the 930R and my other mower which is is2100z. Wow! Not only is the newly designed suspension great but the high back suspension seat is really nice; much nicer than the suspension seat from the JD (the 2100 has a standard seat). I splurged for the 3300 as my dealer only had 2200s in 52" which was not what I wanted. The 3300 had 72" cut and the Kawasaki FX1000-EFI 38.5HP motor which would certainly be enough for those few times when my pasture gets like hay before it gets cut. I believe these two Ferris ZTRs will last us dang near forever.

A side note: I was able to sell the 930R on FB Marketplace. The guy that bought it had brought his brother-in-law who seemed to be very familiar with mowers. He found a spot on the middle of the deck where a bolt for a pulley was pulling through the deck. Pretty small spot and he asked for some more consideration on the price (I had already come down plenty), but in the end both parties were happy so a fair trade.
CONGRATULATIONS......that is a SUPER NICE Mower!