New Husqvarna 550 XP Chainsaw

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow, love my new 550 XP!

I'm a landscaper and the owner of a large wooded property. I used the damage caused by Isaisas last week as a reason (excuse) to buy a new pro saw. I've got a 1998 55 Rancher with an 18 inch bar and it's a good saw but it's a bit heavy to sling around for hours at a time. So years ago I bought a little 14 inch 136. It's good for cutting shrubs and limbing but lacks the power needed for felling and bucking.

I decided that I needed more than one medium sized saw so if I accidentally bump the pavement at 9 pm like I did while cutting a large limb across a customer's driveway I can just grab another saw and deal with it later.

The 550 XP, also with an 18 inch bar, was my choice and it's everything I had hoped it would be. It handles great! it really rips through hardwood and the fuel and oil tanks are generously sized. The weight, balance and power are perfect for me and what I need it for. The $600 price tag was a bit hard to swallow, but I'm very happy with my purchase. I really like the single lever on/off/choke/throttle advance, especially how quick and easy it is to shut it down. It's not a saw for a novice operator as it does take some strength and experience to handle it safely.

Last edited: