new guy need help!!!

Threads
ok guys i need some help and i know u all can help me. i have an old snapper self propelled push mower model # 126000, with a big six briggs on it model # 12h802. i purchased this mower in april 1998 right after my mother passed away and i really want to fix it back up. the motor since has went bad. i have looked high and low for a replacement engine. i have found one on ebay but it says it has a 7/8 shaft and ive measured mine on the engine that was on it and its .985 wich is a 25mm shaft. PLEASE HELP!! anyone know were i can find an engine to get it running? or can i use another model engine without to much headache????

ApartandBack

Forum Newbie
Threads
U could contact a Briggs dealer with your model type and code numbers off the Briggs ENGINE and inquire about a replacement engine.
Another engine may work but if it doesn't have a 25mm/1" crank there will be all sorts of retro's and that ain't fun.:eek:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
it would be easier to get one off a used push mower.....check Craigslist:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Threads
it would be easier to get one off a used push mower.....check Craigslist:thumbsup::thumbsup:

yeah only problem is not finding many good used ones and also none with the 25mm shaft like this one has, most have the 7/8 shaft :( . anyone know of a good one for sale please let me know!!!

Threads
maybe you can get one with a different shaft size...but get a pulley that will work for you.....i see briggs powered mowers all the time for $50-150 on C.L......i woud get your measurements and start calling some numbers:thumbsup:.....you might get one of these to help.. New - Briggs & Stratton Single Cylinder "L" Head Repair Manual Part 270962-12/03 | eBay

yeah thought of that, i see were u can get the smaller shaft size pulley to drive the belt for the self propelled but i do not know if thet make the square block that goes on the motor shaft were the blade bolts to to fit a smaller size shaft motor????

Duffer72

Threads
You can use a 7/8" crank engine but will need to replace the drive pulley, the blade hub and the drive belt, don't remember the other numbers but the belt you will need is a 1-2508. just make sure the length of the crank is the same other wise you will have problems with blade hitting the lip on the deck if longer than original. You should have no problem getting an engine for it, try northern hydraulics just keep in mind if the serial nimber on an engine you get from them is ground off Briggs will not provide warranty on it.