New guy here with some questions regarding my new(old) Snapper Hi-Vac P21500

aginhouse

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New guy here with some questions regarding my new(old) Snapper Hi-Vac P21500
Good afternoon all. I have been lurking on here for a while. Lots of good info here.

I have been searching for a reasonably priced Hi-Vac for quite a while and finally found one for $80.00 on Craigslist. I drove over and it started on the first pull, oil looked decent and it was in fairly good overall shape so I took it home. I did a briggs tune up on it and started mowing with it right away. From what I can guess the mower appears to be a mid 90's model? Im hoping someone can give me an exact date of manufacture?

Anyway, Im hoping to do a bit of a working restoration on this as a hobby while its still being used regularly. Here are the first items that Im hoping to correct first.

1. When the motor gets hot the engine tries to die out. If I pull back on the throttle all the way to min and then throttle back up real quick the engine kicks back in strong. Its almost as though the choke is kicking back in or the throttle cable is sticking? Any suggestions.

2. The lever for the self propel will continually shift itself to the highest fastest speed. Im guessing there just needs to be a basic adjustment to the drive system because it still pulls very hard. There isn't much tension between the speed control lever and speed control sector.

3. What type of blade came with this mower originally? I would like to try to find the original style blade if possible.

4. Can someone please tell me if there is a website that sells parts for these mowers?

Any help with any of these 4 questions would be greatly appreciated and my date of manufacture would be greatly appreciated.

Model - P21500
Serial - 35555049
Briggs Serial # 124802-3210

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Briggs.jpg
    Briggs.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4169.jpg
    IMG_4169.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4170.jpg
    IMG_4170.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 22

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / New guy here with some questions regarding my new(old) Snapper Hi-Vac P21500
#3 These are the OEM blades available for your mower. The #14 I am assuming it the one that came with your mower.

14 Snapper 7019795BZYP (replaces 7019795)
BLADE, Cutter
14A Snapper 7019795BZYP (replaces 7019795)
BLADE, Cutter
14B Snapper 7026691BZYP (replaces 7026691)
BLADE, Cutter
14C Snapper 7026407AYP (replaces 7026407)
BLADE, Cutter (Ninja - Quad Edge)
7017168 Recycling 21" Recyclin...
snapper.jpg

Hundreds if not thousands of web sites sell snapper parts.

aginhouse

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got it, Thanks BlazNT

Austin

#3 These are the OEM blades available for your mower. The #14 I am assuming it the one that came with your mower.

14 Snapper 7019795BZYP (replaces 7019795)
BLADE, Cutter
14A Snapper 7019795BZYP (replaces 7019795)
BLADE, Cutter
14B Snapper 7026691BZYP (replaces 7026691)
BLADE, Cutter
14C Snapper 7026407AYP (replaces 7026407)
BLADE, Cutter (Ninja - Quad Edge)
7017168 Recycling 21" Recyclin...
View attachment 28880

Hundreds if not thousands of web sites sell snapper parts.

Pumper54

Threads
I have used this company several times, they are in Waco and ship out of Dallas. http://www.texasmowerparts.com/
Very helpful and friendly people. (Hell they are Texans they better be friendly)

Tom

Where are you in Texas, I'm over by Lake Conroe.

aginhouse

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Pumper. Im up north of Dallas in Mckinney. I hear your part of the republic is very nice pretty. I need to get out to that lake soon.

Austin

I have used this company several times, they are in Waco and ship out of Dallas. http://www.texasmowerparts.com/
Very helpful and friendly people. (Hell they are Texans they better be friendly)

Tom

Where are you in Texas, I'm over by Lake Conroe.

Pumper54

Threads
Austin,

Heck if you are up that way you can go to the Texas Mower Parts place there in Dallas for point of sale pick up. I have family and friends up your way.
Tom

aginhouse

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone give me an idea of the year of manufacture for this serial number?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Snapperfreak

Threads
Anyone give me an idea of the year of manufacture for this serial number?

Based on what I've been told by Snapper yours is a 1993.

Bauzer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good afternoon all. I have been lurking on here for a while. Lots of good info here.

I have been searching for a reasonably priced Hi-Vac for quite a while and finally found one for $80.00 on Craigslist. I drove over and it started on the first pull, oil looked decent and it was in fairly good overall shape so I took it home. I did a briggs tune up on it and started mowing with it right away. From what I can guess the mower appears to be a mid 90's model? Im hoping someone can give me an exact date of manufacture?

Anyway, Im hoping to do a bit of a working restoration on this as a hobby while its still being used regularly. Here are the first items that Im hoping to correct first.

1. When the motor gets hot the engine tries to die out. If I pull back on the throttle all the way to min and then throttle back up real quick the engine kicks back in strong. Its almost as though the choke is kicking back in or the throttle cable is sticking? Any suggestions.

2. The lever for the self propel will continually shift itself to the highest fastest speed. Im guessing there just needs to be a basic adjustment to the drive system because it still pulls very hard. There isn't much tension between the speed control lever and speed control sector.

3. What type of blade came with this mower originally? I would like to try to find the original style blade if possible.

4. Can someone please tell me if there is a website that sells parts for these mowers?

Any help with any of these 4 questions would be greatly appreciated and my date of manufacture would be greatly appreciated.

Model - P21500
Serial - 35555049
Briggs Serial # 124802-3210

Thanks in advance!
I know this is WAY later, but I recently rescued a similar mower that has exactly the same issues, so if you ever figured out the wandering speed adjustment and throttle problems, I'd love to know what you did. Also when the speed shifts up, it's way more likely to throw the drive belt if I run over a stick. Doesn't seem to be a problem at the lower speed settings.