New GT 2100 won't stay running

dorothycd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just returned with our Cadet GT 2100 from the dealer who was supposed to fix it. After a $280. bill, it is doing exactly what it did before we took it in. It has about 40 hours on it from late last summer. When we start it it runs a few seconds and then quits. I did not see a whole in the gas cap. It acts like it is not getting fuel or air. Any ideas. Dealer is closed now. Will take it to our old lawnmower guy in the future. Paid a lot for this and cannot believe we do not have a working mower this spring.

LT1045wrh

Threads
I had this problem with another mower. The gas cap gasket went bad, so I removed the old gasket and made sure the hole in the cap was open. It has been working fine ever since.
Good luck, there are many things that could be causing the problem you are having.
Prof H :cool:

Deerlane

Threads
Tractor brake set leave the cap loose, or off, does it still do the same thing?

greynold99

Threads
dorothycd,

I've been struggling with this same issue on a 1996 HDS2135 Cub with 500 hours. On an earlier post where I had been running the tractor all winter, snow plowing - I had just put the mower-deck on and it wouldn't start at all. In that post, I mention a guy who found a small piece of plastic film had gotten in his gas tank and it would periodically block the fuel-outlet hole in the tank - starving the engine.

Well, I thought about it again and after having replaced everything except the fuel-pump, I decided to disconnect the fuel-line from the fuel-filter this past weekend - and guess what - No fuel came out even when I lowered the disconnected fuel-line to the floor. Blew some air through the line and there was some kind of blockage. Once freed up the fuel poured out of the line into my can. Reconnecting - my tractor started right up and ran.
When I looked inside the gas tank as much as could through the fill hole, I could see a tiny opening in bottom/back of the tank where the fuel line connects, but I couldn't see anything solid that would block the fuel-opening but the opening was really small compared to the 1/4 fuel line.
Not wanting to take any chances, I cleared the fuel-line once more, disconnected from the filter and siphoned all the old gas that was in the tank. Put in a fresh batch and it's been running ever since.

You might give that a try - doesn't cost a thing to see if gas is coming through the line.
Good luck,
Greynold99

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just returned with our Cadet GT 2100 from the dealer who was supposed to fix it. After a $280. bill, it is doing exactly what it did before we took it in. It has about 40 hours on it from late last summer. When we start it it runs a few seconds and then quits. I did not see a whole in the gas cap. It acts like it is not getting fuel or air. Any ideas. Dealer is closed now. Will take it to our old lawnmower guy in the future. Paid a lot for this and cannot believe we do not have a working mower this spring.

Contact Cub Cadet and explain your problem, your tractor is probably still under warranty, ask them to please reimburse you with a check. I would definitely tell them about the dealer not making the repair and you were charged $280 when tractor is still under warranty. Have all tractor information, dealers name, address, phone number, and bill when you make the call.

Cub Cadet Corporate Mailing Address and Telephone Number