New Gravely ztxl 42

Oliver7788

Forum Newbie
Threads
Took delivery of my new Gravely Zt xl 42
The dealer was nice enough to install the mulching kit I purchased prior to delivery. I did a lot of research before I bought this mowe. Was leaning towards an Aries but only Home Depot sold them near me but I found a some what local Gravely dealer. I have had a couple weeks and have been very unhappy with the quality of cut!!! Yesterday I decided to take the deck off and check the install of the mulching kit(which I was planning to install) I was shocked to see that the dealer installed the mulching blades upside down!!! I was ready to drop this thing back at their door.. it’s been raining for two days and I hope it cuts a lot better now...

Ken22

Threads
Hang in there. Gravely makes a great mower. Since it's raining this is a good time to get to know your mower. Check the deck level, tire pressure and put a wrench on all the nuts and bolts. Wax it and give it a hug.

gainestruk

Threads
I have a 2006 ZT1844XL that I use every week, it has the dreaded Kohler Courage 18 hp single cylinder engine, the good thing is mine has an hydrolic oil pump that drives each wheel with a pump, this thing might outlast me it now has 815 hrs on and going strong, only thing I've done to engine is change oil and air filters regularly, at 600 hrs I put a new design valve cover on it to fix oil leak, I re set valve lash then.
On drive pump I changed oil and filter at 250 and 500 hrs (it's actually very easy to change)
You should get many good years out of that new mower !

gainestruk

Threads
Took delivery of my new Gravely Zt xl 42
The dealer was nice enough to install the mulching kit I purchased prior to delivery. I did a lot of research before I bought this mowe. Was leaning towards an Aries but only Home Depot sold them near me but I found a some what local Gravely dealer. I have had a couple weeks and have been very unhappy with the quality of cut!!! Yesterday I decided to take the deck off and check the install of the mulching kit(which I was planning to install) I was shocked to see that the dealer installed the mulching blades upside down!!! I was ready to drop this thing back at their door.. it’s been raining for two days and I hope it cuts a lot better now...
It was most likely who ever changes oil that did it, its wrong someone should have checked the mower for any issues especially from a dealer before it was sent to you.