New Dixie Chopper Magnum HP 2250

Clarkd20

Forum Newbie
Hello ladies and gentleman, glad to be a part of the forum. I just recently purchased my new chopper last week. I should end the year with around 5 to 8 hours on the unit. It’s a 22hp Kawasaki, my question is would it be ok to let the break in oil sit in it during the winter and change it before the first time I use it, or would it be better to go ahead and change it here in the next month or so before it has about a 4 month storage. Thanks for the advise.
 

Attachments

  • 4F540569-4810-44AF-AAF2-8A670E368C9A.jpg
    4F540569-4810-44AF-AAF2-8A670E368C9A.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 10
Hi. Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

It would be best to change it before storing it. Oil picks up contaminants, some of which can be corrosive, and I would imagine even more so on a new engine. Best not to let it sit there munching on your engine. Is your mower going to blow up if you leave it over the winter with the break-in oil in it? No. Would it be best to get it out of there and store it with fresh oil? Yes.

So that's the FX691V engine, right? I have that engine on my 52 inch Bob-Cat approaching 270 hours and it has been flawless.
 
Hi. Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

It would be best to change it before storing it. Oil picks up contaminants, some of which can be corrosive, and I would imagine even more so on a new engine. Best not to let it sit there munching on your engine. Is your mower going to blow up if you leave it over the winter with the break-in oil in it? No. Would it be best to get it out of there and store it with fresh oil? Yes.

So that's the FX691V engine, right? I have that engine on my 52 inch Bob-Cat approaching 270 hours and it has been flawless.

Yes, that’s the engine I have as well. Thank you for the information that makes complete sense. That’s great to hear you haven’t had any issues with it!!!
 
Congrats on the new mower. I just bought a DC last week, my first ZT. What’s the difference between the Magnum and Magnum HP? My dealer had a Magnum in stock but it wasn’t an HP. Didn’t even know there was such a model.
 
Back
Top