New Craftsman?Husqvarna Mower

GDR

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a new 42" inch cut Craftsman (Husqvarna) Mower with 3.2 Hours on it. When the steering while is positioned straight the left front tire is straight and the right front tire is turned sharply (about 30%) to the left. The mower has the new style steering mechanism on it and there doesn't appear to be any adjustment for the wheels. I have been to three different Sears stores and they all have brand new mowers on display that have the same problem. They have been of no help in resolving the problem and I have been waiting for two months for a technician to arrive. Anyone else experience this problem? Suggestions?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post complete model & serial numbers from data plate on mower, thanks. Possibly under seat.

STEERING Diagram & Parts List for Model 917203900 Craftsman-Parts Riding-Mower-Tractor-Parts | SearsPartsDirect Are you saying while you're mowing in a straight line the left wheel is straight & right wheel is turned left 30 degrees? If this is the case a part or parts are installed incorrectly,backwards, or possibly wrong parts.

Return tractor & tell them you are dissatisfied. Go shopping for a new mower, give Snapper a try.

Last edited:

GDR

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is a Craftsman T3000 Model 917 203900. Ser # 072114A011668

GDR

Forum Newbie
Threads
Post complete model & serial numbers from data plate on mower, thanks. Possibly under seat.

STEERING Diagram & Parts List for Model 917203900 Craftsman-Parts Riding-Mower-Tractor-Parts | SearsPartsDirect Are you saying while you're mowing in a straight line the left wheel is straight & right wheel is turned left 30 degrees? If this is the case a part or parts are installed incorrectly,backwards, or possibly wrong parts.

Yes. While the left tire is straight the right tire is turned left at about 30 degrees. The mower is brand new and from the factory that way. It has the new style steering assembly. At least 3 Sears stores in SC have mowers on the showroom floor with the same problem.

chobbs1957

Threads
Yes. While the left tire is straight the right tire is turned left at about 30 degrees. The mower is brand new and from the factory that way. It has the new style steering assembly. At least 3 Sears stores in SC have mowers on the showroom floor with the same problem.

Here is a thread about some steering alignment issues I and some others have had with our Husqvarnas, should be same or very similar design to your Craftsman, almost certainly manufactured by Husqvarna.

Husqvarna 2346xls front wheel alignment issue

I love the tight turning radius of these machines! However, I imagine that a combination of a 200+ pound operator, higher speed, a tight turn, and a slope would stretch the limits of these front ends.

logan01

Threads
No idea if that's by design or not. Regardless, if you can, take pics of yours and those brand new ones just in case there is something wrong. Documenting is key. If you drive forward does it quickly straighten up? Backwards?

GDR

Forum Newbie
Threads
Repair Tech finally arrived today after 2 months. Husqvarna had a problem where the tires were towed out. They are fixing it by putting adjustable steering arms on the mowers. Mine was actually towed in almost 3 inches on the right side because of a defective part. Sears repaired it for free. Sears/Husqvarna is aware of a problem with the mowers with the new style steering and hopefully you won't have to fight with them like I did to get yours repaired.