Need some help with a gold series

Mattrindt

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a lawnboy gold series circa 94-95. Recently the motor locked up. I found a used block and a new piston and rings. Followed all the instructions i could find online. Put it altogether. Fired right up. Used it a few times. Then it shut off. Seemed like the coil. Replaced the coil and had a new carb laying around. Fired right up. Cut the grass and it started running sluggish and shut off and wouldnt restart. Went out today. Fired right up, ran for awhile and then ahut off. I am not sure if I did something wrong with the engine rebuild or what. Looking for some guidance. It was my grandfather's and just trying to keep it going.

Thank you

intruder1500

Threads
I have a lawnboy gold series circa 94-95. Recently the motor locked up. I found a used block and a new piston and rings. Followed all the instructions i could find online. Put it altogether. Fired right up. Used it a few times. Then it shut off. Seemed like the coil. Replaced the coil and had a new carb laying around. Fired right up. Cut the grass and it started running sluggish and shut off and wouldnt restart. Went out today. Fired right up, ran for awhile and then ahut off. I am not sure if I did something wrong with the engine rebuild or what. Looking for some guidance. It was my grandfather's and just trying to keep it going.

Thank you
Does it have a vented gas cap...maybe its plugged. Sounds like its not getting fuel.

Jenebo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would check the gas cap as well first. You could always try and loosen the gas cap to test this theory when the engine starts to die to break the vacuum.

I had a similar issue where my LB would run until it got warm/hot and then shut down and would not restart until it cooled down. It was the coil in that instance. $20-$30 for a new coil and it was running agian..