Need Some Help On MY 8 HP OHV Briggs

Gearheadmike

Forum Newbie
So i got this snow blower motor 8 hp ohv # 12E114-0268-E1 040922-FE
I need the head bolt torques and the valve lash clearances. Also i see on one of the sites they go by Model Series So what series do i have here?
Thanks
 
All the numbers that you need to know you've already given to us.
Model 12E114
Type 0268-E1
Date code/serial 040922-FE
 
But on that check chart it go's by like
I don't know what one my engine falls under

Model series
85400
97700
99700
115400
117400
118400
12000
138400
 
OK on the chart I gave you.
1, You have OHV so go to OHV SINGLE CYLINDER
2. Model number starts with 12 so go down to 120000 and chose your shaft placement Vertical or Horizontal
3. Read left to right.

It is not really easy to read this chart till you have used it a few times. Sometimes we forget how difficult things we take for granted are.
 
Back
Top