Need recommendations: hills/acreage

Dubitter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all, I’m taking over some farmland soon and it has several acres of tended too land. We are in wv so some of the land has some 15+% hills on it. Looking for some recommendations for a ride on would make it more manageable. TIA

bkeller500

Threads
Take a look at the John Deere X590 or the Simplicity Conquest to start. They would be stable on the hills and both offer traction control for those moments when having both rear wheels drive is necessary. A zero turn may not be a good candidate due to the hills.

Threads
Hi all, I’m taking over some farmland soon and it has several acres of tended too land. We are in wv so some of the land has some 15+% hills on it. Looking for some recommendations for a ride on would make it more manageable. TIA
Hi:
I'm in WV too. Look to Husqvarna. I have a YT42DXLS - which has an automatic locking differential which really, really helps on hills. I don't think they make that exact model anymore, but there is a quite comparable unit with the differential lock. Your Husky dealer can school you on it. Go Mountaineers!!

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Will all of this be a manicured lawn or just farm pasture? Most likely you need a real tractor. Not a toy lawn tractor.