Need new mower

timc1018

Threads
My Snapper Deck did outlast the engine, and the Snapper drive unit is dirt cheap and easy to repair/rebuild if ever needed.

20 years ago, when I was researching self propelled mowers to replace my Lawnboy Silver Series, I was looking at Honda/Snapper/Toro among others. I called all the repair shops to ask what their thoughts were on durability and drive system repair....Snapper was the common recommendation.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
My Snapper Deck did outlast the engine, and the Snapper drive unit is dirt cheap and easy to repair/rebuild if ever needed.

20 years ago, when I was researching self propelled mowers to replace my Lawnboy Silver Series, I was looking at Honda/Snapper/Toro among others. I called all the repair shops to ask what their thoughts were on durability and drive system repair....Snapper was the common recommendation.
So what you are saying is Snapper is the best mower anyone can buy? I take it they last many decades right? Are the best baggers with zero bagging competition right? They can mulch as good or better than any mower right? Ok, I agree to that. (y)

slomo

aarong24

Threads
You can't bag with a side discharge. The chute would make the mower much wider. You would be hitting stuff in the yard with it. Another idea that needs rethought from Honda.

slomo
Oh mine is not he bag model. It's side discharge or mulch. But yeah, the rear discharge on the hondas aren't the most ideal. I got it because my snappers have bags and I didn't need a third. I usually just side discharge with them too.

timc1018

Threads
So what you are saying is Snapper is the best mower anyone can buy? I take it they last many decades right? Are the best baggers with zero bagging competition right? They can mulch as good or better than any mower right? Ok, I agree to that. (y)

slomo
Not putting others down, just stating my personal experience and previous research that led me to purchase a Snapper.