Mower deck NEED INFO ON KUBOTA MOWER DECK RC40LT1

whysman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

This is my first visit to the site. Recently I purchased a T1400 HST with a RC40TL1 mower deck and plow for $300. The owner was not able to keep it maintained himself and chose to by something new. He thought the tranny was going out. So I found information the cause was likely the belt tension pully arm was rusted into a fixed position. Sure enough after working it free, removing the rust and adding a zert fitting there is plenty of drive and easy to keep lubed. However the arm seems to "bounce" alot. Is a new spring the fix for this?

I am now into the mower deck (RC40LT1). Everything looks in fairly good shape except the main (dual) drive pully bearings are shot and the tension arm is frozen as well. Can anyone tell me how to get this pulley off? It doesn't look like it was ever lubed. I tried a wheel puller with no luck but didn't want to exert to much force into the sheaves. I found a parts site with a good diagram but don't know what I need until I get it apart. Along with this will anyone suggest a good website for ordering parts?

As I bought the unit in the fall I have only used it to plow snow for the entire neighborhood including private roads. I have been well received as a new resident!

Any help available would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Whysman

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it were me, I would go to the nearest Kubota dealer. Not only will you be assured that you get the correct parts, but you can ask questions on how to properly maintain your unit.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I replaced that bearing and it was tough to remove.
I put pressure with a puller and tapped it with a hammer on top of the puller.

The vibration along with the "pull" It finally came.
I did bend my pulley some and had to straighten it.

I would use some good penetrating oil, such as Kroil. and soak it good.

shift