Need info on Briggs flywheel magnets

dude164

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all. The engine in question is a 3.5 HP lawnmower type, don't have the model number handy but can get it if need be however when it comes to the flywheels from what I've seen they are all pretty much the same with these type of engines. There are three magnets on one side, two on the other side. Center on the three shows strong magnetism, the two on the other side of the flywheel are practically nil magnetized. I am aware of North South polarities. My question is does the two magnet pair (opposite side on flywheel of the three magnets) need to be magnetized also? Have spend quite some time looking on the net for a simple picture of such a flywheel showing their magnets and polarities so i can get my head around this but have been unable to come up with anything - a picture says a thousand words.
Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The two parts, you call magnets, opposite the three magnets are counter weights to balance the flywheel. They are not magnetized.

dude164

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you Rivets. That's actually what I suspected though what always threw me on it was the fact they used the laminate material instead of just a block of steel which probably would have been cheaper, but who knows maybe they used some left over stuff from the cuttings.